Australia placed below Ireland in ICC t20 Rankings

A forum for fans of India.
aliyakamran

Australia placed below Ireland in ICC t20 Rankings

Post by aliyakamran » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Pakistan Beat Australia in The 2nd T20 by 2 wickets and win the series 2-0. For Australia its not only the series but they are now placed below Ireland in the ICC t20 rankings on 10th place which itself an humiliation for Australia.
last night match was a thriller After both teams were tied on 151 after 20 overs, Australia batted first and scored 11 in six balls.Led by Umar Akmal and Abdul Razzaq, Pakistan reached 11 on the fifth ball before Akmal hit Patrick Cummins’s last delivery and just made his ground before the throw.

Pakistan needed 2 runs on the last ball but the youngster Patrick Cummins bowled a wide one it was a gift to Pakistan at that time as they one it by scoring a single at the last ball.

When asked about the Rankings Bailey the Australian skipper replied”It (a ranking of 10th) doesn’t look very good. I’m still not sure how the rankings work. So Ireland go past us tonight. I’m not sure if we’ve ever played Ireland in a T20. Make of that what you will. If Ireland are a better side than us, then I guess they’ll show it in a couple of weeks in Sri Lanka,” (
http://www.arkwhisper.comcricket news and updates)