International Premier League - bad for cricket?

A forum for fans of India.
Major Wedgie

International Premier League - bad for cricket?

Post by Major Wedgie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:34 am

The Indian Premier League are running around offering cricketers all over the world large amounts of money to play for their teams. Cricketers may soon be faced with a choice of play for their country or become instantly rich. Couple this with the fact that there are starving children in India who are being fed by international aid agencie and that say something bad about cricket.

What do you think?
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Indian Fan

Re: International Premier League - bad for cricket?

Post by Indian Fan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:30 pm

I look forward to this event.

Major Wedgie

Re: International Premier League - bad for cricket?

Post by Major Wedgie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:04 pm

I just remember it was either the last olympics or the olympics before that the American dream team (basketballers) were picked from their national basketball league which was very lucrative. They made headlines for finding it such a drag representing their country and having to leave the big bickies behind to do it.

On the same token (I wrote about this here) when World Series Cricket came about international cricketers had to have a job to support their cricket interest. Cricketers today (Shane Warne comes to mind) give up One dayers to focus on test careers.

Eventually I expect that their will be some cricketers who focus on faster forms of the game and some that focus on test cricket.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!