Cricket Australia

A forum for fans of Australia.
zebediah

Cricket Australia

Post by zebediah » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:21 pm

Cricket Australia have said that they will take a tough line and hopefully they will [on racism at cricket matches]
In the past I often reacted to what I perceived to be the stresses of cricket by getting away from it and hanging out with friends. Instead of confronting problems, I would turn my back on them. Now I've realized I want to give cricket 100%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final Four Tickets

BlackIce

Re: Cricket Australia

Post by BlackIce » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm

The biggest problem is not simply confined within cricket. In fact cricket is probably one of the least racist driven forces in Australia.
But rather the problem that has been outlined, simply signifies just how much of that kind of behaviour does still exist in Australia. I agree that it should be stamped out, but it won't fix the problem rather it will simply sweep it under the rug.

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 pm

What's worse is India. Those monkey chants that they used to attack Andrew Symonds were a clear sign of a backward people.

BlackIce

Post by BlackIce » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:49 am

I agree, I have seen similar problems in India in recent years. Unfortunately it happens, but it is certainly no excuse for Australia to do it to anyone, just as much as it is no excuse for anyone else to do it, including India, however it is not generally a part of the Indian culture but a few ignorant individuals who have no idea of the implications of what they are saying.