Ponting should already be retired

A forum for fans of Australia.
Major Wedgie

Ponting should already be retired

Post by Major Wedgie » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:10 am

So many, including myself thought that Ponting's game would pick up without the pressure of captaincy but it seems it's only going backwards. He went out for a third ball duck at the Wanderers in South Africa. Since December, Ponting has averaged just 14.15 from 13 innings and has not scored a half century and has seven single-figure scores and three ducks to his name.

What a shame his glorious career is coming to such an abysmal end.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Re: Ponting should already be retired

Post by 10940 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Major Wedgie wrote:So many, including myself thought that Ponting's game would pick up without the pressure of captaincy but it seems it's only going backwards. He went out for a third ball duck at the Wanderers in South Africa. Since December, Ponting has averaged just 14.15 from 13 innings and has not scored a half century and has seven single-figure scores and three ducks to his name.

What a shame his glorious career is coming to such an abysmal end.

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HIM NOW???
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Pain goes away, pride lasts forever

"In terms of sporting endeavour and prestige, the IPL is to cricket what diarrhoea is to dodgy curry houses - an unfortunate by-product."

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am

I never meant to criticise Ponting, I just felt sorry for him because I thought that was how his career was going to end and that he might be remembered as the captain that stuck around too long. No one is happier than me to see him come good!

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Actually, much the same conversation could take place if we replaced the name Ponting with Tendulkar.