The blame for this debacle....

A forum for fans of England.
pommie phil

The blame for this debacle....

Post by pommie phil » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 pm

....rests firmly on the shoulders of

A. Our brainless bowlers for continuously bowling wide of the wicket on a track that offered little swing and demanded full straight deliveries. I would have taken a few aussie wickets if i had been playing in this match and i mean that.

B. The ECB for putting money before honour and allowing this match to be played at Cardiff on an unfamiliar wicket prepare by a groundsman who has never prepared a test wicket before. If the match had been played at Old Trafford in front of a passionate Lancashire crowd on a proper test wicket we would have whupped the aussies. I mean,what do the welsh know about cricket for gods sake.
England - Masters of modern cricket

Major Wedgie

Re: The blame for this debacle....

Post by Major Wedgie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:04 pm

C. The Australian Cricket team for being so damned good at what they do!

D. The English Cricket team who should be focusing on something they're good at rather than a sport mastered by Australia.

There have been 9 centuries in this match - 4 by Australian batsmen and 5 by English bowlers.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

pommie phil

Post by pommie phil » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Major Wedgie wrote:C. The Australian Cricket team for being so damned good at what they do!

D. The English Cricket team who should be focusing on something they're good at rather than a sport mastered by Australia.

There have been 9 centuries in this match - 4 by Australian batsmen and 5 by English bowlers.
Ya weren't such masters back in 2005 were you mate.

Lets just see if you're still smiling after Lords. My bet is we win the toss, Bat first and make at least 500 then our reshuffled bowling attack will chew you up and force the follow on and have the match done and dusted within two and a half days.

And as for other sports, remember Jonny Wilkinsons last minute drop goal at sydney a few years back eh mate :lol:

pommie phil

Post by pommie phil » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:33 pm

And you weren't such masters in the T20 either eh Wedgie :lol:

Game,set and match to phil methinks 8-)

pommie phil

Post by pommie phil » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:35 pm

just in case you forgot mate....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ5tHgET4N4