4th Test

The war between England and Australia continues in 2009.
Major Wedgie

4th Test

Post by Major Wedgie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 pm

Flintoff looks as though he's struggling for form and Michael Clark has stomach cramps. Brett Lee might be in form then again he might not. Welcome to the fourth test at Headingley.

If England win this one they cement an Ashes victory which they will no doubt talk about for many year to come. If Australia win then it will all come down to the fifth and final test. Australian only needing a draw in this series to retain the ashes. Yes, Australia won in 2007 although all you will hear in England is how they won in 2005. Australia did not get OBEs for defeating the English side in 2007, so it musn't have been seen by her majesty as a worthwhile victory.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

cricketmad

Re: 4th Test

Post by cricketmad » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I think Australia are going to win this one with some style. That was my view last night to my wife who happens to be Australian. And now watching England at 63/5 my hunch was right i think.

Just to reply to your comment about the 2007 ashes, it annoys me and alot of other English fans that this series just got erased from the history books. Also regarding OBEs getting dished out for playing cricket, most of the English general public look at this as abit of a joke. Ow and as for her majesty, there are more royalists lurking around in Oz then are in the UK so you can have her if you like. :D
Major Wedgie wrote:Flintoff looks as though he's struggling for form and Michael Clark has stomach cramps. Brett Lee might be in form then again he might not. Welcome to the fourth test at Headingley.

If England win this one they cement an Ashes victory which they will no doubt talk about for many year to come. If Australia win then it will all come down to the fifth and final test. Australian only needing a draw in this series to retain the ashes. Yes, Australia won in 2007 although all you will hear in England is how they won in 2005. Australia did not get OBEs for defeating the English side in 2007, so it musn't have been seen by her majesty as a worthwhile victory.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:39 pm

I am really interested in why Clark didn't get a match until now. England face the prospect of an Australian team with Clark and Lee for the next test.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:49 pm

I wish I had a time machine, I'd go back a year ago and say "Shane Watson will open the batting for Australia in The Ashes", just to see what reaction I'd get.

Major Wedgie

Will Australia need to bat again?

Post by Major Wedgie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:17 am

Will Australia need to bat again?

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 am

Forget that I wrote that before England started batting.

Well England looked and through an excellent use of leaving the ball alone forced Australia to bowl the ball where England wanted it - for a while. At the end of day 2 England's second inning total is 82/5. Those five wickets all came within half an hour. There was one not out with Bopara getting some edge on a delivery that was given LBW. Considering the second test - second innings where Australia lost 3 out of 4 of there opening batsmen to bad decisions, there is some justice in this, although for Bopara, who needed to post a good score there was none. Mitchell Johnson has taken 3 of yesterdays wickets while Hilfenhaus has the other 2.

Hot prediction (LOL) England's tail will be mopped up within the first two hours of todays game, leaving the series 1 all which sets up the 5th test to be a do or die match for England. A loss or a draw will see Australia retain the Ashes.

Some credit has to go to Australia's selectors and some criticism might need to be extended to Englands selectors. I'm not sure what state Flintoff and Pieterson are in and if they have come back from IPL with injuries, then why is IPL so much more important than the ashes (money). England need Pieterson and Flintoff to be firing.

cricketmad

Post by cricketmad » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:16 am

Well done champ. I predicted the outcome of this game before it started (LOL). Nice view by the way,

if you want people to even bother posting on this forum wedgie show some style like your team does and stop with the (LOL) and (money) rubbish.

And yes money does rule the day in some ways ask Packer and all the Austalian players that joined his gang........this is not a new idea remember.

And as for bad decisions its swings and aroundabouts. I hope your mate Sparchi reads this because its all he whinged about and I certainy will not. Its part of the game.

Any way ive had a few beers so excuse my rambles.
Major Wedgie wrote:Forget that I wrote that before England started batting.

Well England looked and through an excellent use of leaving the ball alone forced Australia to bowl the ball where England wanted it - for a while. At the end of day 2 England's second inning total is 82/5. Those five wickets all came within half an hour. There was one not out with Bopara getting some edge on a delivery that was given LBW. Considering the second test - second innings where Australia lost 3 out of 4 of there opening batsmen to bad decisions, there is some justice in this, although for Bopara, who needed to post a good score there was none. Mitchell Johnson has taken 3 of yesterdays wickets while Hilfenhaus has the other 2.

Hot prediction (LOL) England's tail will be mopped up within the first two hours of todays game, leaving the series 1 all which sets up the 5th test to be a do or die match for England. A loss or a draw will see Australia retain the Ashes.

Some credit has to go to Australia's selectors and some criticism might need to be extended to Englands selectors. I'm not sure what state Flintoff and Pieterson are in and if they have come back from IPL with injuries, then why is IPL so much more important than the ashes (money). England need Pieterson and Flintoff to be firing.
Last edited by cricketmad on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:45 pm

The fat lady has already sung!

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 pm

AUSTRALIAN cricket fans have claimed responsibility for a hotel fire alarm that roused the England team from their beds the morning of their batting collapse on the first day of the fourth Ashes Test at Headingley.

The Fanatics – Australian supporters who follow the Test team around the world – claim they set off the fire alarm at the Radisson Hotel in Leeds about 4.30am on Friday. England's Test team was evacuated with other guests and staff while two fire engines from West Yorkshire Fire Service searched the premises for the source of the alarm.

Players were left standing in the street in their pyjamas for more than 20 minutes until the all-clear was given for them to return to their beds.

English spinner Graham Swann wrote on his Twitter site: "Fire alarm? Brilliant!!!"

Just hours later they travelled to Headingley where they were shot out for a paltry 102 after winning the toss.
Just read this and have to say, it's just not cricket! source: www.news.com.au

cricketmad

Post by cricketmad » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Thank god this did not happen to the Austalian team or Sparchi would have gone on for days blaming MI6, umpires, the English captain and the inventor of the fire alarm. :lol:

Major Wedgie wrote:
AUSTRALIAN cricket fans have claimed responsibility for a hotel fire alarm that roused the England team from their beds the morning of their batting collapse on the first day of the fourth Ashes Test at Headingley.

The Fanatics – Australian supporters who follow the Test team around the world – claim they set off the fire alarm at the Radisson Hotel in Leeds about 4.30am on Friday. England's Test team was evacuated with other guests and staff while two fire engines from West Yorkshire Fire Service searched the premises for the source of the alarm.

Players were left standing in the street in their pyjamas for more than 20 minutes until the all-clear was given for them to return to their beds.

English spinner Graham Swann wrote on his Twitter site: "Fire alarm? Brilliant!!!"

Just hours later they travelled to Headingley where they were shot out for a paltry 102 after winning the toss.
Just read this and have to say, it's just not cricket! source: http://www.news.com.au