2nd Test

The war between England and Australia continues in 2009.
pommie phil

Re: 2nd Test

Post by pommie phil » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Sparchi wrote:The Fox motto "Fair and Balanced" should be changed to "one-eyed and far right". The name Fox should be changed to "Hitler network".

Anyway do you think that England will declare overnight or bat for a few overs today?
I have a feeling strauss will bat for half the morning session then declare.

But don't quote me on that :?:
England - Masters of modern cricket

pommie phil

Post by pommie phil » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:12 pm

By the way, i wouldn't be to harsh on fox. We have had a decade of lefty liberal government in the UK and the country has gone to the dogs big time.

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Australia are 2 out for 34 runs and neither of the two were actually out. The side might slide now and all because of terrible umpiring. Andrew Strauss said he caught Hughes out when he actually picked the ball up off the ground. I'm not calling Strauss a liar but the implication is there nonetheless. Perhaps he did believe he caught it. At the end of the day he's the one who has to look at himself in the mirror and ask if he likes what he sees.

The first wicket, Katich, was caught out of an obvious no-ball. The best two players for England are the two umpires and I say bring on the referral system, then cricket will have justice. I don't mind umpires getting it wrong as long as there is reasonable balance, but Australia have just been robbed of victory by the umpires. When England were batting there was a catch that was given not out for the same reason Hughes was given out. Where's the consistency? Surely England can't be smiling if the win by bad-umpiring, then again they probably can.

I call it as I see it.

cricketmad

Post by cricketmad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Sparchi wrote:but Australia have just been robbed of victory by the umpires.
I agree two bad umpire decisions. But to say they have been robbed of a victory.......please. Robbed is when it is in the bag. This was never even close to being in the bag for Austalia.

But I guess alot of Australian fans will be saying that is the reason if they lose this test. Not the fact that England for a change played better in this one.

I call it like I see it........

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Touché

cricketmad

Post by cricketmad » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 pm

Sparchi wrote:Touché
Certainy not mate, just dont like whinging. :-) and by gods you can whinge like a good un. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by cricketmad on Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

pommie phil

Post by pommie phil » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:28 am

Here we go with the aussie excuses :lol:

Both decisions were 50/50 in my book but no doubt Ponting will be wingeing about them non-stop for years to come.

Bow down to your pommie masters Australia :lol: :lol:

4-0 series win 8-) 8-)

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:18 pm

pommie phil wrote:Both decisions were 50/50 in my book
Now there's some one-eyed-ness.

As for calling me a whinger, if that had happened to England in Australia you Pom's would initiate some sort of war!

Anyway I still think we can defeat the pommie/umpire team and hold our 75 year ownership of Lords at which point it should be renamed "the Australian Cricket Ground". Aso if you want to see some whinging check this out:
pommie phil in reference to the blame first test wrote:....rests firmly on the shoulders of

A. Our brainless bowlers for continuously bowling wide of the wicket on a track that offered little swing and demanded full straight deliveries. I would have taken a few aussie wickets if i had been playing in this match and i mean that.

B. The ECB for putting money before honour and allowing this match to be played at Cardiff on an unfamiliar wicket prepare by a groundsman who has never prepared a test wicket before. If the match had been played at Old Trafford in front of a passionate Lancashire crowd on a proper test wicket we would have whupped the aussies. I mean,what do the welsh know about cricket for gods sake.
Now that's blaming everone but your own team. I mean I know we played pretty ordinary in the first innings, but at the end of day four the scoreboard should be reading 3 for 313 which would have you guys shitting yourselves. Actually it would be more like 3 for 350.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Ken wrote:Australia is on a losing streak,however in Ashes Tests including the 2006/07 series Australia have had 121 wins while 95 wins go to England. There have been 84 draws.
Chillout sparch, the one thing pommie fans do well is let everyone know they are winning. Don't forget mate, this is the Australian cricket team, if anyone can pull it off from here it's our boys, with the added bonus of having another record up our sleeves.

Oh and by the way seeing we're calling the bad umpiring decisions, it looks like Hussey's bat didn't touch the ball, he was given out, caught.
Sparchi wrote:Actually it would be more like 3 for 350.
2 for 350!
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Looks like we win regardless of the way the umpires call it. :mrgreen: At least we can cheer when the umpires get one right, which so far for this Australian innings looks to be less than 50% of the time. I say bring back umpire Morgan Freeman.
Last edited by Sparchi on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.