2nd Test

The war between England and Australia continues in 2009.
cricketmad

Re: 2nd Test

Post by cricketmad » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Sparchi wrote:
pommie phil wrote:Both decisions were 50/50 in my book
Now there's some one-eyed-ness.

As for calling me a whinger, if that had happened to England in Australia you Pom's would initiate some sort of war!

Anyway I still think we can defeat the pommie/umpire team and hold our 75 year ownership of Lords at which point it should be renamed "the Australian Cricket Ground". Aso if you want to see some whinging check this out:
pommie phil in reference to the blame first test wrote:....rests firmly on the shoulders of

A. Our brainless bowlers for continuously bowling wide of the wicket on a track that offered little swing and demanded full straight deliveries. I would have taken a few aussie wickets if i had been playing in this match and i mean that.

B. The ECB for putting money before honour and allowing this match to be played at Cardiff on an unfamiliar wicket prepare by a groundsman who has never prepared a test wicket before. If the match had been played at Old Trafford in front of a passionate Lancashire crowd on a proper test wicket we would have whupped the aussies. I mean,what do the welsh know about cricket for gods sake.
Now that's blaming everone but your own team. I mean I know we played pretty ordinary in the first innings, but at the end of day four the scoreboard should be reading 3 for 313 which would have you guys shitting yourselves. Actually it would be more like 3 for 350.
Now whos Touché. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mate, calling you a whinger is all tongue in cheek. As for going to war if it was England, I doubt it. There is one thing we have had to learn over many many years and thats how to lose against bloody good Australian teams. That is the reason we let you know so much when we are winning. So the more we let you know the bigger the compliment.
Last edited by cricketmad on Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:31 pm

I tell you what, it's gonna be hard to get a good night's sleep if Australia do well tonight. I think the ashes should be at night when it's played in England so we get it at a reasonable hour here or maybe make them start at about 7am.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Haddin out bowled Flintoff caught in the slips Australia now 3 for 351

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:09 pm

I would have to say that as of Michael Clarke's dismissal Australia cannot win this match. A draw also looks similarly impossible so that only leaves the unthinkable. Defeated by England (with a lot of help from the umpires) on Australian soil.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Congratulations to England.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Sparchi

Post by Sparchi » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:52 pm

Yeah congratulations, well played. Especially Flintoff and Swann. I think you should bring back Panesar instead of Onions though.

cricketmad

Post by cricketmad » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 am

Good game and I am sure Australia will come out gunning for the next one in Birmingham.
The crowd tends to be alot more up for it there, so should be a good one. :D