2nd Test

The war between England and Australia continues in 2009.
User avatar
Major Wedgie
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

2nd Test

Post by Major Wedgie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:53 pm

Lords - Australia haven't lost on the ground they call "Home of Cricket" in 75 years. There is no change in the Australian team from the first test. Englands have replaced Mnty Panesar with a guy called Onions.

I am working late so my only coverage is through the internet.
Image
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

User avatar
pommie phil
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Re: 2nd Test

Post by pommie phil » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:45 pm

Well you are missing one hell of a batting display by cook and strauss. They are knocking your boys all over the place. My advice to Strauss is to declare once we reach 800.
England - Masters of modern cricket

User avatar
Major Wedgie
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: 2nd Test

Post by Major Wedgie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:03 am

Yeah, look like you boys are doing ok. We might have atest on our hands this time.
Image
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Sparchi
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: 2nd Test

Post by Sparchi » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Andrew Strauss had a great knock yesterday, too bad the middle order didn't do so well. The end of the day score 6/364 doesn't look that impressive. It's certainly not up there with Australia's first innings performence in Cardiff. Ahh well another day another 90 overs, today.
Image

User avatar
Major Wedgie
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: 2nd Test

Post by Major Wedgie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:50 pm

pommie phil wrote:Well you are missing one hell of a batting display by cook and strauss. They are knocking your boys all over the place. My advice to Strauss is to declare once we reach 800.
My advice to Ponting is to knock England off early today for 420 and make 650 in reply then retire and get England all out for 220. Then it's one - nil. :mrgreen:
Image
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

User avatar
Major Wedgie
Posts: 466
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: 2nd Test

Post by Major Wedgie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:01 pm

Did you see that???? 2nd ball from Hilfenhaus, totally deceived the pommie captain. He left it and it took out off stump. What a start for the ashes holders.
Image
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

User avatar
cricketmad
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 am

Re: 2nd Test

Post by cricketmad » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:01 am

Major Wedgie wrote:Did you see that???? 2nd ball from Hilfenhaus, totally deceived the pommie captain. He left it and it took out off stump. What a start for the ashes holders.
Looks like the great start went down hill fast. :D

User avatar
cricketmad
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 am

Re: 2nd Test

Post by cricketmad » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:03 am

Major Wedgie wrote:
pommie phil wrote:Well you are missing one hell of a batting display by cook and strauss. They are knocking your boys all over the place. My advice to Strauss is to declare once we reach 800.
My advice to Ponting is to knock England off early today for 420 and make 650 in reply then retire and get England all out for 220. Then it's one - nil. :mrgreen:
I wonder if they will reach 650 now they are 156-8 and trying to avoid the follow on. :D

User avatar
cricketmad
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 am

Re: 2nd Test

Post by cricketmad » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:18 am

Sparchi wrote:Andrew Strauss had a great knock yesterday, too bad the middle order didn't do so well. The end of the day score 6/364 doesn't look that impressive. It's certainly not up there with Australia's first innings performence in Cardiff. Ahh well another day another 90 overs, today.
6/364 looks a damn sight more impressive then 8 /156. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sparchi
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: 2nd Test

Post by Sparchi » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:17 am

We like to refer to the first innings as "the warm up innings".
Image

Post Reply