A Don Bradman quote

Talk about anything not sport related here.
SandyBayCC

A Don Bradman quote

Post by SandyBayCC » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:32 am

I remember from some old video footage that Don Bradman once said "Play the game for the games sake is my advice to the youngsters coming on and keep your eye on the ball."

Before that he started a sentence or two? which for memory began with "A batting genius........" It was along the lines of not being able to achieve record breaking feats without the support of team mates at the other end. Can someone please provide me with the exact text from that footage.

Thanks

Sparchi

Re: A Don Bradman quote

Post by Sparchi » Sun May 16, 2010 11:37 am

Nope, you're on your own. :mrgreen:

moris.green

Post by moris.green » Tue May 18, 2010 3:05 pm

SandyBayCC wrote:I remember from some old video footage that Don Bradman once said "Play the game for the games sake is my advice to the youngsters coming on and keep your eye on the ball."

Before that he started a sentence or two? which for memory began with "A batting genius........" It was along the lines of not being able to achieve record breaking feats without the support of team mates at the other end. Can someone please provide me with the exact text from that footage.

Thanks
Thanks for nice quotation . Don Bradman batting technique is rated among the all time very best. In just two sentences he explained the main fundamentals of batting, keep proper eye hand coordination and wait for the ball to come on the bat rather than chasing it . Nice gems for youngsters.

proximityinfotech4

Post by proximityinfotech4 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:40 pm

I remember from some old video footage that Don Bradman once said "Play the game for the games sake is my advice to the youngsters coming on and keep your eye on the ball."

JeanR

Post by JeanR » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 pm

moris.green wrote: Thanks for nice quotation . Don Bradman batting technique is rated among the all time very best. In just two sentences he explained the main fundamentals of batting, keep proper eye hand coordination and wait for the ball to come on the bat rather than chasing it . Nice gems for youngsters.
Indeed. :D
Way before my time but a great player nonetheless.